Monday, December 6, 2010

Back to Work

Jeff dropped Eli off at school this morning (because I knew I couldn't handle it), and, armed with a box of Kleenex, I went back to work. 

I was prepared in the sense that I had all the "things" that could comfort me - skinny vanilla latte in a holiday Starbucks cup, a fresh coat of You Don't Know Jacques on my nails, my favorite boots, several framed photos of Eli for my desk, and the best Christmas playlist on my phone.  But I wasn't prepared for how difficult it would be to leave my baby with strangers who would be responsible for feeding him, waking him up from his naps, and enjoying all his sweet smiles and coos.  I wasn't prepared to go an entire day without seeing his precious face.  I have the greatest job in the world, but that didn't make it any easier.  It was a rough day, and I missed him so much! 

But I think Eli had a pretty good day.  And that's what matters, right? 

Eli's First Day of School


No comments:

Post a Comment