Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eli's Birthday

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 was such a special day -- one we will never forget!  On this day, our lives were forever changed. 

Because Eli's due date was August 27, we were quite surprised to realize he had different plans, and wanted to make his debut 9 days early.  An obsessive planner, I wasn't sure how I felt about this -- after all, I still had a lengthy to-do list that needed to be tackled before Eli's arrival!  But looking back, we are so grateful he came early. 

On August 18, I woke up just after midnight and thought I was having contractions.  I kept thinking surely I was imagining things, so it wasn't until almost 3 a.m. that I woke up Jeff to let him know what was going on.  We waited it out at home for as long as possible, and pulled into the hospital just before 6 a.m.  After several hours of the most awful pain I've ever experienced, I got an epidural around 10 a.m.  The next 6 hours passed quickly -- the drugs worked wonders and I was able to relax and enjoy the day.  Then, before we knew it, he was here! 

Eli Bridges Johnson arrived at 4:26 p.m. on August 18, 2010.  He weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces, and measured 21.75 inches long. 

The entire experience was so surreal, and was much better than I expected it to be.  Jeff and I both experienced a full range of emotions that day, including many emotions we had never felt before.  We were walking on clouds, and one blissful week later, we still are! 

I apologize in advance for the excessive number of pictures, but we are very proud parents! 



Heading to the hospital.

Waiting on baby!  Not too much longer . . .

He's here!







Murphree family

Many, many more pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment